Carbon Neutral Wines
While being highly vulnerable to climate change wine, like other many farming products, is a significant contributor to global warming. Therefore, climate neutral wines contribute to achieving the goal of limiting warming to 1.5 degrees until 2100.
The residual greenhouse gas emissions were compensated through the certified project Fortaleza Ituxi REDD+. It is located in Lábrea in Brazil, one of the districts with the highest rates of deforestation in the country. The project implements afforestation with indigenous tree species and protects a forest area of 5392 hectare. It not only avoids GHG emissions from deforestation and restores the forest as a carbon sink, it also recreates and preserves the habitat for plants and animals in the world’s most species rich biodiversity hotspot, the Amazon rainforest.
The Fortaleza Ituxi REDD+ Project aims at protecting forests located in one of the regions having the highest deforestation rate in the Amazon Biome: the municipality of Lábrea. As the southernmost municipality in the Brazilian state of Amazonas, Lábrea is geographically located nearby the “Arc of Deforestation” and neighbors other highly deforested municipalities. Over the life of the project, the following benefits are expected:
- Estimated net GHG emission reductions: 720,470 tCO2e, corresponding to avoidance of deforestation of 1,836.5 hectares over 30-years
- Technical training on sustainable cattle raising and forest management, fire brigades, study for a small non-wood product processing plant, production of brazil-nuts
- Seedling Production Nursery: capacity of 50,000 native-species seedlings per year and donation for neighbors wishing to plant.
- Implementation of technical education frameworks
- Complementary monitoring of labour conditions in Project Area
- Implementation of health insurance plan for workers
- Monitoring the attendance of young people in schools
Certificates and Retirement Statements
Zur Bearbeitung hier klicken.